Be of Service
Offering service to S.L.A.A. is one way to help us stay sober from living out a pattern of sex and love addiction. If you are interested in joining our group of trusted servants, we are gratefully seeking participation in the following roles:
We welcome all members to be of service for the group
To submit a nomination for yourself or another fellow, please visit the Contact page and complete the form. Each position is held for 6 months during two terms: January 1 – June 30 and July 1 –December 31.
About the Elections
Elections for all Intergroup service positions are held twice a year during the Intergroup meeting in June and December, and are effective for 6 months beginning the first of the month following the election. On occasion, elections are moved, or positions become open during their term. The same participation requirements are in effect, and the term runs from the time of the election until the end of the current term. All members in service should be available to attend the Intergroup meeting each month on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 8:30pm EDT.
Service Positions in Detail
Below lists the responsibilities of each Intergroup Service Position. As a group, our goal is to support each other and work together as a whole, so on occasion requests may be made to assist in another position wherever possible. We welcome all members to be of service for the group. To learn more about our Intergroup, visit the Intergroup Information page for information, updates, upcoming agendas, and past minutes.
Intergroup Chair (Six month position) (Currently open)
- Acts as Chair for the Monthly Intergroup Meeting.
- Assembles the meeting agenda each month.
- Opens the meeting at the appointed time and calls the meeting to order.
- Announces business that comes before the group.
- States and puts to a vote all questions that come up as motions.
- Responds to inquiries of members relating to procedure or information.
Webmaster: (One year position) (Currently open)
- Updates and maintains the website.
- Updates and maintains all website email addresses.
- Responds to and directs website inquiries.
- Must be comfortable using WordPress, and Google Drive.
- Six-month sobriety requirement.
- Assists Webmaster with their duties.
- 6-month service position until end of 2018.
- One-year service position starting in January 2019.
- Must be comfortable with WordPress and Google Drive.
Record Keeper (One year position)
Treasurer (One year position)
- Monitors donations via a PayPal account for the group.
- Tracks deposits and expenses for the group.
- Distributes donations of the 7th Tradition to Fellowship-Wide Services and reimburses group members for expenses.
- Presents current financial balance and transactions at the Monthly Business Meeting.
Newcomer Screeners (Six month position) (Currently open)
- Chairs the weekly Newcomer Screening Meetings.
- Opens the lines 10 minutes before the meeting.
- Welcomes all women to the call, and asks for requirements to attend.
- Starts and ends the meeting on time.
- Reads and follows the newcomer screening meeting format.
- Answers Newcomer questions after the end of the meeting.
Online Moderator (One year position)
- Assists meeting Co-Chairs and the Intergroup on an as needed basis to monitor meetings via the internet.
- Mutes any phone line that is creating noise levels that meet or exceed the member who is reading or sharing.
- Starts/Stops the recording of Speaker shares at meetings.
- Starts/Stops the recording of Monthly Intergroup Meeting.
Delegate: (2 year position)
- Represents the S.L.A.A. Women’s Phone Meeting Group at the annual ABM (Annual Business Meeting).
- Join 1 or 2 S.L.A.A. Conference Committees.
- Prior to the ABM, present the ABM agenda items to the Intergroup for vote.
- Book, register, and reserve travel for the ABM. Coordinate funds from the treasurer for a spending plan.
- After the ABM, give a report at Intergroup. A special meeting may be held and recorded.
Meeting Coordinator (Six month position) (Currently Open)
- Supports meeting Co-Chairs.
- Serves as a liaison to inform Intergroup of meeting changes and needs.
- Provide workshop materials on chairing meetings to new meeting Co-Chairs.
- Increases communication between individual meetings and Intergroup.
- Coordinates communication between Newcomer Screeners and Online Moderators.